Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Vacation Time

.
.


It's been a hectic week, getting ready to go to Cape May, NJ for 10 days. I had started to do a post about the work of Michael Dailey and how it so reminds me of the work of Richard Diebenkorn, but time constraints haven't let me do Michael justice. In looking at both their work, it seems that there was a similar process of dabbling in realistic representation at first and then through the years, finding their "voice"; their final, mature oeuvre. But I am anxious for you to see his work, so here we are. The words luscious and shimmering certainly come to mind. You really need to check out his work. When I get back I'll do a "ComPairs" between him and Richard.
I've had the top image on my desktop for several days now and it seems to just get more beautiful. And it's amazing how skilled artists who really get into their specialty can have so many ideas using their certain format. The variations and color combinations are certainly entertaining.
Both these images are from the Laura Russo Gallery where you'll find 17 images.
And you must go to the Francine Seders Gallery where you can see 35 images of his work. And please read his Bio and Statement.
.
.

See you when I get back. . . . . .

No comments: