Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Some Things Take Time

.
.

.
Am in the middle of getting some paintings ready for a show up in Watkins Glen, NY. Some of my latest paintings weren't even signed on the back; after which they get brown paper and then titled, dated and signed again. And then there's the little matter of framing. I've chosen to build my own frames and attach them to the back of the painting so as to show off the edges which are an important part of the whole. After catching up and catching my breath there was one last work that needed a frame and I won't bore you with the details of why a painting from 2008 is just now getting framed. What especially fascinated me was noticing the dates on the back. The original painting was "done" in August 2003 but wasn't finished till July of 2008. Five years and several layers later, we have the beautiful result you see above, titled Pandora's Box And The Moving Target. So tomorrow's the big hang and hopefully I'll have some descent pics to share.
.
.

1 comment:

REVAD david riley said...
This comment has been removed by the author.