Saturday, February 26, 2011

Intuitive Pointillism

.

.
.
There's an old saying about how the journey is more important than the destination; which pretty much boils down to - "enjoy the ride".  And that's exactly what I do while working on my paintings. There are no preconceived notions of what it should look like; no final image to bring about.

The dark blue "pieces" that make the interesting pattern came about by me filling in the last undotted spaces with one last color choice. This is yet another painting that was a delightful surprise for me when I painted the last dot. And I really like nice surprises . . . . . . .
.
"Corky" O'Neill was kind enough to let me hang this in his Gallery, the O'Neill Art Gallery in Montour Falls, NY.
.


.
Click on the images to enlarge.
.
.

No comments: