Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Strange Lookin Dots

.
If you've been following the fall auctions in NYC you're aware that the painting, "No. 2" by Yayoi Kusama went for $5,794,500 at Christies PostWar & Contemporary Evening Sale Wednesday night. (I'm not showing it here because the pics just don't do it justice.)
Always a fan, it stirred me to Google her again.



She is THE original Dot Woman and any research you do will keep you entertained. I was pleasantly surprised by the works they have at MOMA . One piece in particular, titled "Accumulation of Stamps, 63." 1962 (one of sixteen they have in their collection), really caught my eye. Most are quite different from any I've seen before.

The Roslyn Oxley9 Gallery has some exellant images of her infinity nets and you'll want to check out the pics from her Exhibits there.

Image is from Artinthepicture.

.

No comments: