Thursday, November 20, 2008

What Makes Art !?

.
This is a bit unusual for artwork on my blog. As I search the Internet, my interests are focused on works with writing or pointillism. But I just couldn't pass up on posting this image.
It reminded me once again that ART happens. And when it does it is wonderful and special and well, it just makes life better. I'm convinced that you can't teach art. You can show people how to do this or that or copy a style, but real art comes into existence by itself. Yes we can plan for it and work in that direction, but I'm still convinced that real art somehow just comes together.
.


This piece just bowls me over. It's hilarious ! But it really does work somehow and is strangely beautiful and poetic. Just a few simple lines and some color and you have this transfixing personality that captivates you. The image, "Blossom" 1996 by MARGOT BERGMAN is from her page at Corbett vs. Dempsey. She has some other great pieces and you'll want to read about how she works, but this really is a masterpiece.
.

No comments: