Monday, November 05, 2007

Collage & Calligraphy


Just thought I'd post a couple of my paintings.

On the right; "Floxxy", just a quick 1, 2, 3, badda - boom and it was done; nice and light. And it says - Hola, que tal. The T is the brim of her hat and her right cheek, the a is her left cheek and the L is her nose. And there's another T for good measure.

Below is "Evagween". Don't ask where the kitty came from or the square piece of collage. The word Evagween is squirted right out of the tube and has a nice calligraphic effect. To keep that thick paint from shriveling up you have to moisturize it more than a few times while it's drying by lightly brushing it with matte medium.
For quite a while I wondered why I named it Evagween until one day I passed a Chinese take away called Evergreen. Yes it was funny to picture them saying it that way. Isn't it funny how different we all are and all of our little foibles that amuse someone else.

No comments: