Saturday, November 03, 2007

"Queen Tut & The Pouty Prince"

.
.

The long story is that I had two, full page ads saved from the NYTimes and once the canvas was gessoed, the above mentioned ads got affixed to it. The first one to get colored with Conti Pencils and pastel was the guy. Did pretty good if I do say so myself. Then started on the girl. Well I can only do realistic for so long . . . . . so I kinda let loose a little on her a little bit.

So I stood back and pondered, and yawned - bore ing. Then an idea struck, I started laughing and grabbed a tube of yellow paint and gave her a crown - right out of the tube. With more laughter I added his neck chain and heart and some more hearts, all straight from the tube. Till I got done doing the moustache and beard and glasses on her I was about doubled up laughing my heart out. That was really fun.

Exhibited it several times, but the reaction seemed to be some questions or negativity. People were trying to read too much into it. Well, our annual Palette Award Show was coming up at the Arnot Art Museum and I thought - if ever there was a place where maybe someone could appreciate this painting it would be there in the Museum, so I entered it in the Show. I got an Honorable mention and more than a few people had a good laugh. It's not the kind of thing that would ever sell in this 3-horse town, so after the show I just gave it away.

.

No comments: