Saturday, September 06, 2008

Change Of Mind

.
I've got the painting from the last post hanging above my desk and also have the picture from that post as my background on my PC. It's always great to find a point where you can take a break to study and enjoy a painting mid-stream. It feels done for the moment, so I guess I'll just let it rest and once again pack my mind with images of work by other artists.
.

This is a wonderful little piece from 2006 by Mohammad Muhraddin and is from ArabsArt where they have 13 images of his work.

If you like abstract, collage and indecipherable writing, this is your man. Please visit his website. His Gallery groups his work into phases and it's quite incredible how he's gone from realism in the 50's to his current oeuvre (2007). An amazing artistic journey.
.

It's always fascinating and enlightening to see how other artist's work morphs through the years. Very encouraging. This afternoon I rearranged my file of pics of my own paintings historically rather than alphabetical by title. Lots of good memories and great food for thought.

.

No comments: