Thursday, September 18, 2008

Disco Daze

So there I was at J.C. Penny's at the Mall, heading for the cookware section to look for a rice cooker/steamer. In front of that section was a display of items that were 50% off. I didn't notice it at first, but the music was good. And since there were no other customers to distract me, I just kinda settled into snooping around and found a couple of real bargains.




But then it DID hit me. They were playing disco music from the good years when the genre was at the top of it's game.


aaaahhhhhhh Happy dancing music. No irony or anger; no explicit sex or politics, no threatening gestures - just good music: and in Penny's, no less !!!


I didn't even have to close my eyes to go back to those wonderful, full tilt, happy, dancing times. Working as a Light Man in a BYO after hours Disco had it's perks, to be sure; but mostly it was the music and the dancing to it that was the real high.

.

No comments: